The Iranian regime ordered Yemeni Houthis to attack two Saudi oil tankers
Reported by PMOI/MEK
Iran, Aug. 9, 2018 - The Iranian regime ordered Yemen’s Houthis to attack two Saudi oil tankers about two weeks ago, according to Fars News Agency, a publication close to the IRGC. The Houthis attacked two Saudi oil tankers in the red sea.
According to the news published by Fars, Naser Shabani, deputy operations commander of IRGC’s Sarallah Base, said, “We told the Yemenis to target two Saudi tankers and they did so.”
Fars News Agency
After realizing the repercussions of these terrorist remarks, Fars News Agency which had published Shabani’s statements on Monday, edited parts of it after a few hours.
On 26th July the Houthis had attacked Saudi tankers in Bab Al-Mandeb Strait leading to a halt of oil transport through this route.
On 14 June, Reuters published a report saying that debris from five missiles fired at Saudi Arabia by Yemen’s Houthi group since July 2017 “share key design features with a known type of missile” manufactured by Iran and some of the components were manufactured in Iran, according to a confidential report to the Security Council by U.N. chief Antonio Guterres.
It is worth mentioning this is the first time an Iranian military commander admits they are ordering the Houthis to attack.
Amnesty International: Iran Desecrating mass grave sites to destroy crucial forensic evidence
By PMOI/MEK staff writers
Iran, Aug. 8, 2018 - In 1988, under the order of Iranian regime supreme leader Ruhollah Khomeini, the Iranian regime executed more than 30,000 political prisoners, the majority being members and supporters of PMOI/MEK.
At the time, the regime needed to eliminate the opposition to consolidate its power at one of its most critical moments. The victims were executed in the span of mere months and their bodies were tossed into mass graves scattered across Iran.
The regime thought it could keep the 1988 massacre silent. Since then, the MEK has tried to bring the world attention to this heinous crime, which the regime has constantly denied. But three decades later, its crimes are catching up with it. Since 2016, an international movement led by the MEK has been documenting and publishing details of the 1988 massacre and exposing the authorities who were involved in the crimes.
MEK activists and supporters inside Iran have been gathering information about the victims and the clandestine mass graves they’ve been interred and published them on social media and websites. As a result of the activism surrounding the 1988 massacre, the event has received international attention in the past year from prominent organizations and personalities such as Amnesty International and the UN Rapporteur on the situation of human rights in Iran.
Many politicians and lawmakers have described the event as a crime against humanity and called for the international prosecution of its perpetrators, most of whom still hold key positions of power in the Iranian regime.
The Iranian regime, fearing the consequences of the scale of the crime became known, has engaged in a widespread campaign to destroy evidence of its crimes, including destroying graves and carrying out construction projects on the mass burial sites.
Meanwhile, MEK activists have been documenting the regime’s activities and registering images of the graves to prevent the regime from destroying the evidence of the 1988 massacre. These activities expand to most provinces across Iran, including Tehran, Semnan, Khorasan, Qom, Qazvin, and Bushehr. Below are some of the videos recorded by MEK activists, in which they commemorate the memories of the victims of the 1988 massacre and document the destruction of the graves.
30 years after the 1988 massacre, the memory of those who gave their life for freedom still lives, and the Iranian regime fears that memory more than ever.
Reza Otadi was killed by IRGC units in Karaj, west of Tehran
Reported by PMOI/MEK
Iran, August 7, 2018 - The body of Reza Otadi, the 23-year old protester murdered by Revolutionary Guards (IRGC) units in Karaj during major anti-regime protests, was laid to rest on Monday in Tehran’s famous Beheshte Zahra Cemetery.
IRGC members were on a roof-top when they opened fire and gunned down Otadi on Friday night.
A number of family members, friends and bazaar merchants from Karaj and Tehran took part in this ceremony.
Prior to the service, Iranian regime authorities had ordered the family to bury Reza’s body in the section where the regime’s various war casualties are buried. As the ceremony was proceeding the family was suddenly told Reza is not considered a war casualty and must be buried in another location next to his mother.
The Iranian regime’s repressive and intelligence apparatus is known to harass Iranians families through such methods, especially during their time of grief.
The regime’s plainclothes and intelligence agents were stationed in the ceremony area, pressuring the family to wrap up their gathering as soon as possible.
On the night when Reza was murdered the regime’s IRGC posted the following:
“One individual in Karaj was gunned down and killed by unknown individuals during the recent unrest. 20 other rioters were arrested. During the Dec 2018 and Jan 2018 unrest, a number of armed individuals linked to various grouplets were arrested by the security apparatus.”
In a completely ridiculous manner, the Iranian regime has gone as far as claiming Reza Otadi was killed by the People's Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK).
The PMOI/MEK responded to the regime’s bogus claims aimed at fleeing from any accountability over the murder of Reza Otadi:
“These lies are no surprise from a regime that associates the arrest of its own diplomat with a bomb to the PMOI/MEK. This same regime had claimed the Dec/Jan uprising martyrs had committed suicide or the protesters killed their own ranks. “Lies and deception will no longer be effective and the Iranian regime must be held accountable for all its bloodshed.”
Iran August 5, 2018 - As protests continued for the fifth consecutive day in cities across Iran, the political prisoners of Ardabil prison issued a statement supporting the protesters.
“We have learned that once again the Iranian people, fed up with decades of cruelty and corruption, are pouring to the streets in numerous cities raising their voice and demanding change.
“The Dec/Jan uprising continues with this new spark of protests. We hail the people of Tehran, Gohardasht in Karaj, Eshtehard, Isfahan, Ghahderijan, Najaf Abad, Shahin Shahr, Andimeshk, Mashhad, Shiraz, Kermanshah, Arak and others, turning their hometowns into scenes of people expressing their abhorrence of the status quo. We call upon all Iranians, especially the deprived people of Sistan & Baluchistan, Khuzestan, Kurdistan and Hormozgan to rise and protest this cruel regime.
“We may be enchained and these walls may be preventing us from standing along your side to cry for freedom; we may be in exile from our home towns to silence our voices; yet we will never lose our faith in the certainty of our people’s freedom. We feel we are shoulder to shoulder with the demonstrators, shouting “Death to the dictator” alongside Iran’s brave youth.
“Forty years ago, this nation was able to overthrow the Shah’s despotic rule. Our ability to overthrow today’s religious despots is certain. The ground under the dictators’ feet will only tremble when the oppressed begin shouting for their rights.”
A group of political prisoners in Ardabil Prison
August 3, 2018
For the fifth consecutive night, protests against the Iranian regime’s mishandling of the country’s economy erupted in several cities. In Tehran, Iran’s capital, protesters gathered in College Street and chanted “Death to the dictator,” “Mullahs must get lost” and “Iranians, shout for your rights.”
In Qom, protesters were chanting “Death to the dictator” at Towhid Square and confronting the security forces dispatched to disperse the protesters. “Proud Iranians, show your support,” protesters chanted.
According to reports obtained from inside Iran, during Friday’s protests, security forces killed one protester in Gohardasht, Karaj, where some of the most fierce clashes between protesters and security forces were reported in previous nights.
The victim’s name was Reza Otadi. Videos from yesterday’s protests showed security forces firing at protesters from rooftops. Nonetheless, the people of Karaj came to the streets again Saturday tonight to shout their rage against the Iranian regime.
Gohardasht-Karaj, Iran Reza Otadi was shot and killed by security forces. The countrys brave protesters will continue his path to overthrow the mullahs ruthless regime.
In Shiraz, people gathered in groups, encouraging protesters to join. “Show your pride,” the protesters are chanting. Protesters are wearing masks to avoid being identified by security forces. “If we keep our ranks tight, the security forces won’t be able to do anything,” one protester says.
In many cities, the slogans were directly aimed at Ali Khamenei, the supreme leader and highest authority of the Iranian regime. In Tehran’s Valiasr Street, people were chanting “Death to dictator” and “Seyyed Ali, it’s time for you to go.”
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran
Courageous people and youths, especially young girls, demonstrated on Wednesday evening, August 1, for the second straight day. Police and intelligence suppressive forces, riot guards, IRGC, Bassij and criminal plainclothes mercenaries were deployed to prevent the uprising of the fed-up people. However, the fearless youth rallied from the first square of Gohardasht toward Motahari Street. The crowd, which was added every moment, chanted: “Cannon, tank, firecracker, the mullahs must get lost”; “Death to the Dictator”; “Our enemy is right here; they are lying that it is America!”; "Let go of Syria, think about us"; “Khamenei lives like gods, while the people live in poverty”.
Young people confronted the repressive forces attacks with stones and bricks, punished them, and forced the mercenaries to flee. A police car and a number of anti-riot and Bassij motorcycles were set ablaze.
Mrs. Maryam Rajavi, President-elect of the Iranian Resistance, saluted the rising young people in Karaj, praising the courage of freedom-loving girls at the forefront of the protests against the suppressive and corrupt regime of the Velayat-e faqih. She described their presence and struggle as the pride of the Iranian people, especially the freedom-loving women. She called on all people, especially women and youth, to show solidarity with and support for the rising people in Karaj.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran
Angry protesters in various cities across Iran demonstrat against the tyranny of the mullahs’ regime
Iran Uprising- No. 195
Since this morning, Thursday, August 2, angry protesters in various cities across the country, including Isfahan, Mashhad, Shiraz, Najaf Abad and Shahin Shahr, demonstrated against the tyranny of the mullahs’ regime, chanting slogans such as: Death to the Dictator. It was at a time when the repressive forces were on full alert from the first hours of the morning to prevent the formation of these protests, but they failed. The Internet connections have slowed down in many parts of the country.
Demonstration started at Shapur Jadid in Isfahan with the slogan: Don’t be scared, don’t be scared, we are all together. The people burned rubber tires to counteract the tear gas and prevent the attack of repressive forces. Anti-riot guards and criminal plainclothes mercenaries attacked the protesters; however, the people clashed with and punished them with sticks, rocks and even bare hand. A number of protesters were arrested.
In Shahin Shahr (Isfahan province), the people protested, chanting: Iranians, support us!.
A large number of people in Shiraz started their protests from the Zand intersection and chanted: Death to the Dictator; Cannon, tank, firecracker, the mullahs must be killed; Rouhani, shame on you, let go of the country. Courageous young people are struggling with repressive forces, and by burning tires, they have blocked IRGC forces and anti-riot guard mercenaries.
Thousands of people from Mashhad rallied from Shohada Square to Tohid Square and chanted the slogans: "Death to the Dictator; Down with high prices; Shame on you who live in palaces, let go of the country. The repressive forces started shooting into the air and firing blank guns. The riot guard attacked the people and arrested some of them, but the people continued to confront and continue their protests. They also chanted: High prices, misery, down with Rouhani.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran
Iran, August 1, 2018 - Wednesday marked the tenth day of the nationwide strike by truck drivers in Iran. The strike encompasses many major cities of Iran including Ahvaz, Khoramshar, Kermanshah, Ardebil, Khoram Abad and many other cities.
More than 140 cities from all of Iran 31 provinces have joined the strike. Truck drivers began their strike on July 22 in protest to low income rates and high tariffs set by the government as well as the increasing prices of equipment and spare parts for their vehicles.
On Tuesday, following the 9th day of the nationwide strike by Iran’s truck drivers, access to gasoline in many of Iran’s cities became disrupted, including major cities such as Rasht. Many fuel terminals in Rasht were faced with supply problems. Terminals in other cities such as Langrud had to shut down due to lack of fuel.
On Tuesday, one of the truck drivers who is on strike declared, “Two months have passed since the last strike, and we are in the 9th day of our strike and we won’t quit until our demands are met. We are tired of the hollow promises the government is making. We can’t bear the suffering of our women and children.”